"I have several mts clips in my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 which produces files of AVCHD format, and I want to do some editing on my Mac, but I can't open the files. Is there a Mac software which can help me convert the Sony Cybershot videos for playing on Mac?" - A Mac user asked in a forum.
Nowadays, more and more people tend to capture the happiest and sweetest moments with Sony Cyber-shot digital cameras. We may shoot lots of smooth and sharp HD (high definition) footages during travelling or family time, and we usually save or import those great movies to our computer rather than locking them in our camera, because:
1. The captured HD videos will take up precious storage space in camera; High definition video file often takes up more space than standard definition file.
2. We may not directly edit, play or share those great movies as we like.
Note: Most of Sony Cyber-shot digital cameras are HD video recording (The movie definition of W and H series camera is 1280 x 720, while other camera is 1920 x 1080).
- W-Series: W610, W620, W650, W690, WX70, WX100, WX50, WX150, etc.
- H-Series: H90, HX10V, HX20V, HX30, HX30V, HX200V, etc.
- T-Series: TX20, TX66, TX200V, etc.
- R-Series: RX100, etc.
As we know, Sony Cyber-shot camera shoots HD AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition, a format using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 standard, with file extensions like M2TS, M2T, MTS, TS, TR, TP, TRP, TOD, MOD etc.) files, and many Mac users will experience many difficulties with Cyber-shot AVCHD files on Mac, because Sony Cyber-Shot video in the .mts format which is not supported/recognized by mac iPhoto/iMovie/QuickTime. So you just need to convert the .mts video to the Mac supported .mov format. But don't worry, this article will offer you the best solution to import?Sony Cybershot MTS clips to Mac?with ease.
What we need to get start:
In order to import Sony Cyber-shot AVCHD to Mac for editing or convert AVCHD movies for playing, all you need is a powerful and all-in-one iMedia Converter for Mac, which will enable you to convert Sony Cyber-shot AVCHD files to Mac friendly video formats like QuickTime .mov or iTunes .mp4 format. With this?Mac sony cybershot software, you can easily convert and edit AVCHD footage on Mac OS, that is to say, you can convert Cyber-shot AVCHD files to any popular video format, such as MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, M4V, 3GP, SWF, FLV, MKV, etc.
(You can try with the trial version, or click here to get 30% OFF on Mother's Day Special Offer.)
How to Convert and Import Sony Cyber-shot AVCHD Files to Mac
Now let's get the best Mac Sony AVCHD Converter and convert Sony Cyber-shot mts video files to Mac friendly video formats in a few clicks:
Step 1. Add AVCHD video files.
Install and launch Pavtube Sony AVCHD Converter for Mac, and click "Add File" to import your Sony Cyber-shot AVCHD files; or click "Add from folder" to load videos in batch.
Step 2. Choose output video format and adjust output settings.
Choose output video format from the "Format" preset, and click "Output" to change converted video path. Such as:
- For FCP 6/7/X Users, choose "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)"
- For iMovie/FCE Users, choose "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)"
- For Avid Media Composer Users, choose "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov)"
- For Adobe Premiere Pro Users, choose "Adobe Premiere > MPEG-2 (*.mpg)" or "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)".
If you want to locate your videos quickly, click Browse. The "Settings" icon will meet your requirements of adjusting video bitrate, frame rate and so on.
You could edit your Cyber-shot AVCHD videos before converting. By clicking the pencil icon on the top of Cyber-shot AVCHD Converter for Mac, you can trim/crop the video clips, add or adjust video effect, or take snapshots from video as you like.
Step 3. Start converting Sony Cyber-shot AVCHD MTS on Mac.
Click the big red circle to convert Sony Cyber-shot HD AVCHD MTS videos for importing to Mac.
After conversion finished, you then are able to edit or share your Sony Cyber-shot HD videos on the go.
1. This remarkable program is not only able to convert AVCHD files to various file formats, but also able to import most mainstream video formats; what's more, iMedia Converter is capable of ripping blu-rays and DVDs which may enlighten your movie collections in an efficient way.
2. Get more step-by-step guides about how to work with Sony camcorders, Final Cut Pro topics and AVCHD/MTS files.
How to Solve the freezes when importing MTS media to Premiere CC-2015.3?
How to Convert MTS/M2TS with Handbrake Easily?
Best Solution to Play Sony MTS/M2TS Files on MacBook Pro
Play MTS on Smart TV (Windows and Mac Solutions)
Top 5 MTS/M2TS Video Editors for Mac
Top 5 MTS/M2TS Video Editors for Windows (10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc)
Fix Choppy Issues When Importing AVCHD Files to FCP
Join and Convert MTS/M2TS Files for playing with VLC Player
How to Convert 3D AVCHD MTS to 3D Tablet for Watching?