Summary: This article here introduces how to convert Sony BPAV MP4 footage to DNxHD MOV on Mac platform for use in DaVinci Resolve in detail with the relative smart third-party converter tool.
Hot search: Nikon D7200 H.264 MOV to DaVinci Resolve | Canon XC10 XF-AVC MXF to DaVinci Resolve | Samsung NX1 H.265 to DaVinci Resolve
“Hi, there, somebody provided me a BPAV of a remote shoot, and to cut a long story short, the structure didn’t make the translation, and trying to download individual elements was becoming a nightmare. The biggest problem is DaVinci Resolve will not open the MP4 files from the BPAV folder. Is there any other way of rewrapping XDCAM EX BPAV .mp4 files to DaVinci Resolve supported .mov similarly to the way XDCAM Transfer does, but without needing the folder structure?”
To be able to work with BPAV files in DaVinci Resolve smoothly, you should not change the name of the BPAV folder and you should never change any of its contents–doing either will lead to all kinds of problems.
When the transfer is not working, you need a BPAV transfer tool to convert XDCAM clips from BPAV to DNxHD MOV for DaVinci Resolve. What is really important is to never alter the contents of a BPAV folder in any way as you back it up to whatever machine to keep whole XDCAM Folder structure. The BPAV folder can be moved from your MacBook to the MacPro where you can then do your editing. To edit them in DaVinci Resolve, you can use professional XDCAM EX to convert BPAV folder directly to DNxHD MOV at once with Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review).
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to edit XDCAM EX BPAV in DaVinci Resolve?
Step 1: Download and have a quick installation. The trial version will have a watermark on your converted files. Except for that, there are no time limitation, no virus, and no unnecessary bundle apps while downloading. After that, click “Add Video” button to load your original videos. You can load several files at once thanks to “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Here, you need to choose what you want the output to be. Click “Format” drop-down list, and then select “Avid Media Composer>>Avid DNxHD (*.mov)” as the best output format.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: When everything is done, you can take a preview by hitting “Play” button. If you are satisfied with the final result, you can click “Convert” button to finish the conversion work.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process is complete, you can click “Open Folder” button to get the generated files for editing XDCAM EX BPAV in DaVinci Resolve with optimum performance.
- How to Get AVCHD MTS Workflow with DaVinci Resolve (Lite)?
- Downsize Sony 4K XAVC to 1080p for Playing Smoothly
- Convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS Files on Mac OS X El Capitan
- Transform Sony F55 XAVC Footage to FCP X for Further Editing
- 4K TV Video Converter- Play 4K Video on 4K TV
- Play Sony Handycam 3D MTS Videos with Side-By-Side on 3D LG TV
- Convert JVC GY-HM200 MTS to ProRes for FCP X