This article will give you tips and tricks about Blu-ray subtitles format, as well as the way to convert and play .sup/pgs subtitles.
What is .SUP file format?
The .sup file extension stands for subtitle bitmap image extracted from a Blu-ray movie; it contains subtitle text graphics that are displayed during movie playback. The .sup subtitles are encoded with PGS codec, and sometimes known as PGS subtitles. It can be used for adding DVD subtitles to movies with authoring programs such as IfoEdit.
Convert a .sup subtitle to .srt, .ssa, .sub etc
SUP files can be converted to plain text using Optical Character Recognition programs such as SupRip. (Guide- convert .sup to .srt)
Which players support .sup subtitles?
Blu-ray Players and some HD Media Players (e.g. WD TV Live Hub, Netgear NeoTV 550 Ultimate HD Media Player)
How to extract .sup subtitles from a Blu-ray Disc?
Rip Blu-ray to BDMV /MKV/ISO and use tsMuxer to demux the Blu-ray structure (Guide- extract .sup subtitles from .m2ts).
How to convert .sup subtitles when ripping a Blu-ray Disc?
ByteCopy is a by far the exclusive Blu-ray ripper that converts .sup subtitles to .sub when ripping Blu-ray to MKV.
- Convert MKV PGS Files to MKV SRT subtitles
- Copy DVD With Forced/Internal/External Subtitles
- Add And Burn Subtitles To 1080P X264 MKV Video Permanently
- Watch DVD Movies With Forced Subtitle
- How To Extract SRT Subtitles From Blu-Ray Disc, BDMV And ISO File?
- How to Play Videos With Subtitle From USB With PS4 Media Player?
- Rip Blu-ray to HD MPEG-TS with Subtitle for Apple TV
- The Best Way to Play MKV on Roku 4 with Subtitle