DJI Mavic Pro’s camera has a 1.23” CMOS sensor offering 12MP stills, and in video mode shoots everything from HD through to Cinema 4K (4096×2160 at 24fps). For slo-mo work, it can shoot 96fps in 1080p HD. It’s supported by a 3-axis gimbal with - 90º(straight down) to + 30ºpitch, and 90º of roll. This is a serious camera setup - and it will beam live 720p HD footage back to your smartphone. DJI Mavic Pro is on the supported 4K camera list but users still encounter 'can not import DJI Mavic Pro 4K videos into Final Cut Pro' issue. Why and how to solve it? In this article, you can learn the reason and an easy solution.
Why We have issues editing DJI Mavic Pro 4K video in FCP?
DJI Mavic Pro records 4K video in MP4 or MOV with MPEG-4 AVC /H.264 codec, which is not a native editing codec for most NLEs including FCP. FCP best editing format is Apple ProRes MOV video format. So if you try to import and edit DJI Mavic Pro 4K footage into FCP, you're likely to run across various issues: screen freezes, program crashes, no audio, etc.
Best video formats and resolution for editing in FCP
Supported video formats:
- Apple Animation Codec
- Apple Intermediate Codec
- Apple ProRes（all versions）
- AVCHD（including AVCCAM、AVCHD Lite &NXCAM）
- AVC-ULTRA（including AVC-LongG、AVC-Intra Class 50/100/200/4:4:4 & AVC-Intra LT）
- DV（including DVCAM、DVCPRO & DVCPRO50）
- DVCPRO HD
- Motion JPEG（only OpenDML）
- MPEG IMX (D-10)
- QuickTime format
- REDCODE RAW (R3D)
- XAVC（including XAVC-S）
- XDCAM HD/EX/HD422
- MOV (QuickTime)
Get a Professional DJI Mavic Pro 4K to FCP Converter for Mac
In converting DJI Mavic Pro 4K video, we have to recommend you - Pavtube Video Converter for Mac. It has helped many users “can’t edit DJI Mavic Pro 4K video in FCP” issues. With it, you are able to wrap DJI Mavic Pro 4K video to FCP native supported Prores. mov format for importing to Final Cut Pro without any thinking. It supports all 4K recordings shot by DJI drones (DJI Phantom 4, DJI Mavic Pro etc), Panasonic camcorders, Sony camcorders, Canon camcorders, JVC camcorders to formats compatible with your video editing software like Final Cut Pro (X), FCE, iMovie, Avid Studio, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, iPhoto, Kdenlive, Keynote, etc.
Free downlaod this DJI Mavic Pro 4K to FCP video converter
Start Converting DJI Mavic Pro 4K video to FCP supported best video on Mac
1. Click "Add video" button to add your video files to the program. Or directly drag the video you want to convert to the left item bar.
2. Click "Format"bar, from its drop-down list, select your desired Prores format such as "Final Cut Pro" > "Apple Prores 422(*.mov)", you can also choose other prores formats on your own needs.
TIP：By clicking "Edit selected task" button, you can trim, crop the video, or add watermark, adjust effect, attaching subtitles for pre-editing your video files so that you can simplify your FCP editing.
3. Click the "Convert" button on the main interface and the software will start to convert Mavic Pro 4K video to friendly video formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to find the converted video files. Then you can effortless transfer the video files to FCP X, FCP 7, FCP 6 etc for playback on the go.
Any Product-related firstname.lastname@example.org