Summary: Have some 4K MP4/MOV footage from DJI Phantom 3, any suggestions about how to edit Phantom 3 4K MP4/MOV in iMovie 11/09/08 would be appreciated. Below is a simple tutorial for your reference.
If you wanted to get a DJI Inspire 1 so you can shoot 4K from a birds eye view, but couldn’t afford it, no sweat–DJI has you covered. The innovative unmanned aerial systems market leader just released a new version of its most popular quadcopter–the DJI Phantom 3.
From the DJI Phantom 3 4K camera spec, I got to know it builds 4K videos in MP4/MOV wrapper. Generally, iMovie can support MOV format. But the problem is, the DJI Phantom 3 4K is encoded with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, which is a compressed format and not ideal for editing. Plus, expect for iMovie, FCP, Premiere, Avid can’t support this kind of 4K video either.
To edit Phantom 3 4K MP4/MOV in iMovie 11/09/08 flawlessly, an ultimate solution is to convert DJI Phantom 3 4K MP4/MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie. Although there are numbered tools and utilities can convert and compress the ultra HD videos, few of them can process at a fast speed. Featured with the most advanced converting technology, Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac (review) is now providing the most reliable and professional 4K solutions to all format issues including 4K XAVC/XAVC S, 4K MP4, 4K MTS, 4K MXF and more.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html
How to import DJI Phantom 3 4K MP4/MOV to iMovie 11/09/08 for editing?
Step 1: Download and have a quick installation. The trial version will have a watermark on your converted files. Except for that, there are no time limitation, no virus, and no unnecessary bundle apps while downloading. After that, click “Add Video” button to load your original videos. You can load several files at once thanks to “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: Here, you need to choose what you want the output to be. Click “Format” drop-down list, and then select “iMovie and Final Cut Express>>Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)” as the best output format.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. But if you are not good at it, you’d better use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: When everything is done, you can take a preview by hitting “Play” button. If you are satisfied with the final result, you can click “Convert” button to finish the conversion work.
Conclusion: Once the conversion process is complete, you can click “Open Folder” button to get the generated files for editing Phantom 3 4K MP4/MOV in iMovie 11/09/08 with optimum performance.
- Play Canon Videos on Windows Media Player
- Edit Sony DSC-WX500 XAVC S in DaVinci Resolve Lite
- How to Convert MXF Files to YouTube for Uploading and Sharing on Mac Yosemite?
- 4K to iMovie: Import DJI Inspire 1 4K Footage to iMovie for Editing
- Convert Ikegami GFCAM MXF to ProRes for FCP Editing on Mac
- Tricks for Editing AVCHD MTS Files in FXhome HitFilm
- Convert and Burn iMovie Projects on Mac