Summary: Any suggestions as to how I can convert HD videos to H.265 MKV for playing on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP? This tutorial will shed you some light.
Want to wrap all your media files with various different information in an MKV container in small file size to save more storage space but have no ideal which codec to compress with? Pavtube can be your beneficial friend with a recent upgrade for H.265/HEVC HD MKV encoding, now just feel free to transcode all your HD videos to this highly compressed formats for better streaming and less space storage with better quality in small file size and less bandwidth requirements.
Pavtube Video Converter (version 126.96.36.199)
It is the professional and easy-to-use Windows video converter, which is specially designed for Windows users to easily convert between various video formats including HEVC/H.265, MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, MPEG, Xvid, DivX, H.264, 3GP, WMV, FLV, MOD, TOD, WTV, MXF, MVI, F4V, WebM, VP8, 720p, 1080p, 1080i HD, AVCHD videos and more, convert between various audio formats including APE, MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA, and even extract audio from movie files.
Moreover, the powerful converter is equipped with more advanced features, which can help you preview the movie before converting, capture images when preview, convert any movie segment, crop the video black margin, automatically shut down the computer after conversion, convert files in batch mode, merge movies, and more.
Main features this new version brought to us (For Windows version)
1. Add Apple Prores as output.
2. Support encoding to H.265/HEVC MKV.
3. Compatible with Sony/LG/Samsung/Panasonic TVs.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
- Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to convert HD videos to H.265 MKV for playing on Windows?
Step 1: Download, install and launch the program, you can import the video files either by dragging and dropping directly into the main interface or by clicking “Add Video” or “Add from folder” button.
Step 2: You can choose from a number of different formats displayed in the “Format” bar at the bottom. Here you’re suggested to choose “HD Video>>MKV HD Video (*.mkv)” as best output format.
Step 3: Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. Here click “Video Codec” to choose “h265”. The default parameters will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bit rate, frame rate as you need.
Step 4: Click “Convert” and you are all set. The duration of the converting process depends mainly on the size of your files.
Conclusion: When the conversion is done, click “Open” button to get the generated files. Now, there is no need to worry how to convert HD videos to H.265 MKV. You can use the result files for smoothly playing.
- DropBox and HD Video/Movie Files Are Not A Good Fit
- Convert MKV to 3D SBS MP4 for Watching on Zeiss VR One with iPhone 6
- Encode MXF to Apple ProRes on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP
- Enjoy Audio Files on iPod Touch 6
- Top-ranked M3U8 Converter for Windows Reviewed
- Convert Sony RX10 II 4K XAVC S to ProRes MOV for FCP X/7/6
- Top 5 Video Converters to Convert Videos to MP4 on Mac OS X (El Capitan Included)